Thursday 21 March 2013

Wise words; self-love.


Hi there. 

I'm not much of a writer but I have something to say. I need to send a message out for those who looking for encouragement. 


I am currently gripping onto the age of 19. The days slowly tick by; the clock counts down to my no-longer-teenager self; and yet, I've only come to the conclusion this same year, as I turned 19, that I myself are a direct reflection of my own thoughts and not others. 



Think about it for a second. We gather all these ideas from everyone else, yet we don't take into consideration any of the ideas that may pop up inside our minds. We feel that due to the fact that someone said it, their words are reliable. Sad isn't it? We are our own human. We all are born with the ability to think, create concepts and ideas; let alone know right from wrong. So why not drown out the others? Honestly, everyone else's voice doesn't matter. Only yours. Only YOU know truly who you as a person. God created you a certain way, you know deep inside your bones who you were destined to become. So why not embrace it? Don't let others get you down. Life is about living. Surround yourself with beautiful people who build you up, not break you down. The best realization I've made to date is allowing yourself to get rid of the extra baggage in your life, starting with people. You need others who accept you for everything that you are. You need loving, supportive individuals who are positive and uplifting to your spirits. 









So it shouldn't matter if someone makes false accusations of who you truly are. You know yourself, you may be confused when it comes to your own personal identity; but, you know whether or not you're a good human being. Even if you don't know what you want in life or who you're supposed to be; deep down inside you know you're a diamond in the rough. Open your eyes! We shouldn't have to believe the negative words that we are labeled as. They are carved into our hearts; seeping into our souls. Eating away at everything that we ever were. That isn't the way it's supposed to be.





I am bugged by society. 
I am bugged by others. 
 I am bugged simply because we grow up believing 
that we are the mirror image of society's thoughts and not our own.




Why do we do this to ourselves? We have so much self-worth in this world and I wish people would realize that. Stop letting opinions affect the way you live. After all, opinions aren't even true statements. They are only mere ideas created inside someone's mind.



You are beautiful the way you are. You are loved simply because you are the way you are. Love yourself so you can learn others and show them they are loved. Make it a domino effect. Spread it like a wild-fire in our souls. Make the world a better place starting with yourself. Love yourself and life will be beautiful, I promise you that. Here is a bible verse that is very relevant towards this concept. You do not have to be religious nor believe in God to find meaningful passages in the bible. So I hope this will help you see the beauty within yourself!


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
 - (1 Peter 3:3-4)


With all my heart,



No comments:

Post a Comment